<< The Body Politic
Monday, March 25th, 2013
Here’s a roundup of some recent news bits, events, and articles that we found interesting. We hope it gets your week started off right:
- AEI Education, “Common Core Meets the Reform Agenda”: all-day conference on the Common Core State Standards at AEI, today from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Check out the live stream here.
- Hudson Institute, “Is Philanthropy Killing Itself with Kindness?”: Vignetta Eugenia Charles (AIDS United), Cynthia Gibson (Nonprofits and Foundations), Caroline Preston (Chronicle of Philanthropy), and Albert Ruesga (Greater New Orleans Foundation) discuss the future of philanthropy and civil society at a Hudson Institute event today at 12:00 PM. Register and watch the live stream here.
- Pierre Manent, “Birth of a Nation,” City Journal: How did the modern political landscape evolve from a world composed of city-states or empires to one of nations?
- Alonzo L. Hamby, “The American Story,” Weekly Standard: How does the story of America get told outside of the United States?
- Lauren Aronson and Chelsea Straus, “Cage-busting Leadership in DC Education,” AEI Ideas: the AEI Education team visits the Luke C. Moore Alternative High School and reports back on the school culture they found.